2008年8月24日

今週の漢字:

Home:
You might be thinking by my post’s title that I will write about my time at home, but I’m going to use this post for another aside from my descriptions of my visit back to the United States. Lately, I have been feeling a little out of it. After much thought, I think it was because I was figuring out what home is to me. I am starting to come to terms with me living my own life. I feel that home is the place where my family resides. If I am not with family, I am not truly home. When I was in Miami, I didn’t consider my apartment to be home. When I first came to Japan, I always referred to my place as “my apartment.” Just before I went back to the states, I started to refer to it as “home.” I think it was because I started to realize that I am really living my own life now. My visit back to the states was both good and bad. I was not confused about what is the meaning of “home.” I just added to it.

I have been thinking about my past and what revolved around home at the time. There are people who would love to go back to either their high school or college years. Personally, I would never want to go back. I am happy with where I am now, but of course things change. I am not against change, but I am trying to adjust to the changes. Some of them just seem to have come out of nowhere. I am dealing with the changes and somewhat remembering what home used to be as I watch shows that I used to watch. For example, I have been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Think what you must, some of you, but I do really like the show. I appreciate it a lot more now that I can relate more to it and notice subtle life metaphors. This past week, I also re-read my favorite book, The Catcher in the Rye.

I assure you that I am not reliving the past nor am I dwelling in it. At this point in my life, I need to look at my past in order to move forward. What’s the point of writing all this? Maybe some of you think that I should keep a diary. Oh, the horrors… Can you imagine me writing, “Dear diary…”? Don’t answer that! I simply want to share my thoughts and maybe get some of you thinking. Why don’t some people think? Life is not all about being a drone. It isn’t about the material. There’s more to it, right? You cynics, don’t answer that!

I wasn’t able to write an entry during the week, so I hope to post another one in a few days. Stay tuned this week for another update!

En français:
Quand je pense de mes soeurs, je me souviens mon passé. Je sais qu’elles comprennent le monde moins que les adultes. Je crois que les enfants doivent vivre leur vies. Il y a beaucoup de périodes dans la vie. Nous devons chercher notre but pendant chaque période et dans la vie.

今週の聖書の詩: “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.”
- 1 John 2:15-17 (NIV)

今週の写真: 1&2) Restaurant in NY. It was delicious! 3) Chocolate fondue at Max Brenner, one of the best chocolate places EVER! 4&5) Cookie! Awwwww…





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last pic is aww-inducing (and non-icky for once lol j/k)

Ah you love rhetorical statements...don't you? LOL

And it's nice to see all the surf & turf, pure seafood, and "rien alimentaire" dishes presented.

-curtiss