2008年7月30日

今週の漢字: 懐かしい

Nostalgic:
Sorry about the delay once again, but it’s been busy here. I have only been away from home for a year, so I wonder if “nostalgic” is really the right word to use. However, my experience home has been full of things that I did before leaving Japan. My lifestyle in Japan is a bit different compared to in America. I suppose I spend more money in America. I go shopping and see movies more in the states compared to my time in Japan.

Has there been much different in the New York tri-state area? Not really, but I have noticed a few new houses and malls. I am amazed at how there will be more malls in the near future. Does north New Jersey really need 5+ malls? This doesn’t even include some shopping complexes in upstate New York, which is only a short drive away. I think it’s getting a little ridiculous, but I suppose that’s what people want.

Food has been excellent! The only drawback was my first day eating out. I went to one of my favorite Italian restaurants and ordered an olive oil based pasta. It took a while for my stomach to digest the food. I guess it was easy for me to adapt to Japanese cuisine considering I ate a lot of Asian food before leaving America, but it was hard to get back to non-Asian cuisines. Do you remember when I wrote about how other cuisines I tried in Japan were heavily Japanese style?

Stay tuned next week for another update!

En français:
Je suis très content parce que j’ai regardé The Dark Knight. Il était incroyable! Alors, je l’ai regardé une autre fois. Je veux le regarder en IMAX maintenant, mais il n’est pas important. Vous devez le regarder maintenant si vous n’aviez pas vu le film!

今週の聖書の詩: “The Lord’s message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia—your faith in God has become known everywhere. Therefore we do not need to say anything about it, for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.”
- 1 Thessalonians 1:8-10 (NIV)

今週の写真: The first two pictures are of my sisters trying to hit part of a watermelon off, which is a fun activity. Someone is blindfolded and spun around. People nearby tell the participant where to walk in order for the participant to strike the watermelon. The last picture is my sisters and I in front of Osaka Castle.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow this the oldest entry (three months prior, wow) i've yet to comment on since my last burst...that games seems to be a different spin on pinata...lol

5+ malls really?

Which one is new that you saw?

I know of Garden State, Paramus, Bergen?, Willowbrook, Riverside, and maybe one other?

hmmm...

-curtiss